The World Scholars Cup is an international educational programme and competition dedicated to the celebration of learning. This year’s theme is ‘A world on the margins’. Students study a contemporary curriculum covering the subjects of Literature, Science, Social Science, History, The Arts and Special Area – Unsolved mysteries.
Students compete in teams of three in a series of 4 events – Team Debate, Collaborative writing, Scholars’ Challenge and Scholars’ Bowl. The competition took place over two days. As well as the competitive events, students enjoyed a showcase debate as well as a talent show. The final event of the competition was the awards’ ceremony which saw Turi students taking home a plethora of medals and some trophies to boot.
- Best Turi individual – Paris Ouma, 7th overall
- Eghosa Izedonmwen – 9th overall in debating
- best Turi team – Paris Ouma, Janelle Mwaura and Ella Ndubai – 5th overall
- Best Turi individual – Bradley Mogere 5th overall
- Best Turi team – Wendy Gachagua, Wanjiru Kariuki and Minh Bui – 14th overall
- Wanjiru Kariuki – Selected to take part in the Showcase Debate and spoke confidently and convincingly.